|Magical Fluffy Bunny World|
|Season 2, Episode 10|
|Air date||2nd May 2012|
|Written by||James Griffin|
|Directed by||Charlie Haskell|
Everything Starts With Gaia
The House of Jerome
A rescue mission, a roast chicken, a very small car and, for one particular person, the weirdest day ever.
Picking up from where we left off, Gaia is still not getting her head round the idea that she is Frigg. In fact, she is openly mocking Axl and Bryn. Axl realises Gaia is still stoned from a joint Ingrid had given her, so he takes her back to the house, where the devastation wrought by Eggther rather takes the edge off her happy buzz. Axl tries again to convince Gaia, this time on a personal level, but the arrival of Thor / Derrick at the house does not help matters. As Axl has to deal with Derrick trying to kill Bryn, Gaia takes her opportunity to slip out her bedroom window (again) and make a bid for freedom.
This leads her to Mike’s bar, where she expresses her concerns that Axl and Bryn have gone barking mad. Mike can understand why she might feel this, but the fact is she is who they say she is. And Mike introduces himself to Gaia as Ullr. Then he introduces her to the Goddesses and suggests that maybe they will help Gaia transition into her new world. Michele, Stacey and Ingrid are only too happy to whisk Gaia from the building, to welcome her to their ranks. Olaf is dubious that Mike has done the right thing, letting the Frigg out of their grasp like that.
Meanwhile Anders and Ty are still on their drinking spree, with Helen as their new companion. Ty is watching Helen and Anders carefully and what he is seeing is not the Bragi / Iðunn hell that Olaf foretold, but Anders actually getting on with a woman and not being such a dick for once in his life.
While Gaia is off with the Goddesses, the word spreads of the latest events and the gang begins to gather at Mike’s. Derrick just wants to find Eggther and kill him, while the others are looking for more diplomatic options. Anders is not thrilled that Mike let the Goddesses get their hands on Frigg; and he also willing to sacrifice Zeb along the way. This does not make Anders popular and he is told to take a hike – Helen and Ty (the latter being too wasted to be of much use) go with him.
Eventually the clued-in Gaia returns, with her Goddess chums, and the debate over what to do about the Zeb / Eggther situation swings into full gear. Mike’s assertion that he should be the one to go face the giant is overruled, and eventually a rescue party of Mike, Axl, Gaia, Bryn and Derrick set forth.
While the posse is away on rescue duty, Michele, who is unhappy to learn that Iðunn is in fact more powerful than her, takes the opportunity to quiz Ingrid on the nature of The Stick, the one that helped Axl recover. From this she learns that the power of Yggdrasil is a feminine power, which is why The Stick was useless in the hands of Anders and Mike. So Michele then breaks into Anders’ apartment to liberate The Stick, into her rightful hands.
Meanwhile, thanks to Derrick’s overwhelming desire to kill giants, the meeting with Eggther does not go well, and Axl and Gaia’s vision of a new world order where Gods and giants live in peace and harmony is shattered. It is only the intervention of Zeb, who has befriended Eggther during his captivity, which prevents Gaia getting her head stoved in. Axl promises that his rule will not be one that will allow the Gods (such as Thor) to go about killing giants as they please.
And so Eggther and Derrick are sent on their respective journeys home, and the posse returns to the safety of Mike’s bar. Ty meanwhile, is easing himself into the fact that Anders and Helen are now together, by asking Helen questions about her powers, as per Olaf's earlier suggestion. Although Gaia has accepted the fact that she is about to become a Goddess, she still has major problems with what this entails – i.e. her loss of free will. But as she tells Axl this, outside the bar, a van pulls up and she is bundled into the back by some masked men. Axl can do nothing but watch as Gaia is kidnapped, thus making her very weird day even weirder.
- Emmett Skilton - Axl Johnson / Odin
- Tim Balme - Mike Johnson / Ullr
- Dean O'Gorman - Anders Johnson / Bragi
- Jared Turner - Ty Johnson / Höðr
- Ben Barrington - Olaf Johnson / Baldr
- Keisha Castle-Hughes - Gaia
- Hayden Frost - Zeb
- Eve Gordon - Stacey / Fulla
- Michelle Langstone - Michele / Sjöfn
- John Leigh - Bryn
- Rachel Nash - Ingrid / Snotra
- Fern Sutherland - Dawn
- Sarah Wiseman - Helen Larvig / Iðunn
- Oliver Driver - Eggther
- Geoffrey Dolan - Derrick / Thor
- Writer - James Griffin
- Director - Charlie Haskell
- Script Editor - James Griffin
- Storyliners - Tim Balme, Ross Hastings & Tiffany Zenhal
- Producer - Simon Bennett
- Executive Producers - James Griffin, Rachel Lang, Chris Bailey & John Barnett
- Oh My - Performed by Gin Wigmore (Theme Music)
- Notice Me - Performed by Miss Black and the Lights
- I Think I - Performed by Miss Black and the Lights
- Can't Stand It - Performed by Tahuna Breaks
- The preview for the episode was taglined "Avengers Assemble, Kiwi Style". This was due to the character Thor appearing in the episode, while another version of Thor appeared in the film The Avengers, which began playing in New Zealand a week before this episode aired, and the day before the preview was shown.